Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Happy Halloween!

Ahhh Halloween. Its the day of magic for Daniel. He gets to dress up and gets tons of sugary treats - what could be better??

Growing up, I rarely wore a store bought costume. My Mom would always make mine, and I always won the costume contests in school, thanks to her creativity and ingenuity. I wanted to emulate her with Daniel from the start.

Then came my downward spiral. I still managed to make his costume, but I rode around in the back of the van for trick or treat, while Daniel, his cousins and his Nee Nee would walk the neighborhood. It was quite embarrassing.

One year ago, I was in Avante. I was slowly getting stronger, able to take PT and talk again. Randall brought Daniel to me to help him dress in a store bought costume of Robin from Teen Titans Go. I tried to make it my own by having Randall get him a black wig which I spiked with hair gel. But I missed it. All of it. Not even a ride in the back of the van.

This year, Daniel was sporting a mama original again, and I resumed my place in the back of the van....






This time, instead of being upset about riding, I was thrilled to be participating. Another plus? I got back into my jack o lantern capris and my pumpkin shirt for the festivities - haven't been able to even think about squeezing into them in at least three years!

The goal for next year? Hoofing it around myself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment