Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Historical Day X 2

So, today I get up at 6:00, feeling pretty darn awake, considering I fell asleep about 1:30, making at 3:00 and was awake for nearly another hour, so about two hours of sleep for me.

It was quite a historic day. Here we are on the dawn of a new presidency, full of historic significance. Our president elect will be the oldest president sworn in in history, and bring with him the first son to live in the white house since JFK Jr. 

When Daniel got up, I had him finish his electoral college vote tally that he started last night, adding Pennsylvania to his tally to figure out who won the election. It was so much fun to watch his face light up at the revelation.

We had a light school day since we were both tired, and I took a lil nap in the afternoon, before heading to church for Daniel to go to choir. Randall and I ran to Wal Mart and picked up some more things for Thanksgiving dinner (shelf stable items) before heading back to pick up Daniel and head home for the evening.

It was while we were headed back I realized the date. November 9. It had been one year since I was released from the hospital. A whole year.

One year ago today, I spent an anxious morning and early afternoon waiting to be released. I remember Randall wheeling me to the van, and I remember  opening the door, thinking about how hard it was to get up into it the last time I had. I stepped up and geared up to hoist myself in, and hopped right in! A pleasant surprise, The next suprse came just seconds later when I realized that I no longer nearly filled up with entire space on that side, and I was able to easily fasten my seat-belt, which I had gotten to where I would not get it around my swollen belly.

When we got hoime, with the help of a walker, I shuffled up the sidewalk and had another flashback - the steps. Oh how hard they were. I saw the brand new railing that Randall and our Landlord put in for me and silently prayed that it would help. I sent up with steps with no issues. It was a relief to say the least.

I was still weak, but able to get around, including sleeping in the bed, which I hadn;t done in months before leaving.

Today, I am thankful for the additional mobility - no walkers, although I do still use the scooters when we go to the store. My knees have been bothering me a lot laterly, and its been very discouraging, but hwne I think back to where I was a year ago, I am reminded how far I have come.

Praise God, and God bless our President elect,

No comments:

Post a Comment