Thursday, February 4, 2016

Check Up and Test Results

I had my appointment with my pulmonologist yesterday, a follow up to or first meeting in November, and to go over my test results.

First, we discussed my sleep study and subsequent placement on a bi-pap machine. She said The test revealed 58 apnea/hypopnea episodes per hour, and with the machine, my average is now 1.8 episodes an hours, which she called excellent.

She said that my lung function test showed no signs of asthma, no signs of COPD. The only thing it reflected were shrunken lungs, which is due to my weight.

She said that she was extremely pleased with my progress. The only thing that she mentioned was my weight, with the shrunken lungs remark and one other time. To me, I took it as a sign that its time to regroup and refocus on losing. I have been happy to maintain, but I need to drop more.

I was so happy with the news that losing weight is actually starting to excite me again. I plan to regroup over the next few days and set the wheels in motion on Monday. I am so looking forward to feeling even better, now that I am somewhat used to feeling this much better from being so ill last year.

I go back to her in April, and she said there is a chance I might be able to discontinue the blood thinners then. She will just want to check my legs to make certain I have no clots in them, and also wants to do a new electrocardiogram to see how much pressure I have on my heart and lungs now. She said she suspects it will have definitely improved, especially with the bi-pap and my other improvements.

I am so thankful to God for all of the healing I have done and for the additional healing that is to come, as I know He will continue to heal me. I need to lean heavily on Him for the weight loss to assure my success. God needs to be in the center so I can make it.

Here's to Monday and the skinniness to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment