Monday, February 1, 2016

Best Day Ever

If anyone were to ask....

"What has been your best day since you have been home from the hospital?"

Many would think I'd say

"Thanksgiving."

or "My Birthday."

Maybe "Christmas" or "New Years."

While all of these days were celebrated and enjoyed, I would have to say up to this point, my best day has been Friday.

What was so special about Friday you ask?

I got up and the dehumidifier went off because the tank was full. Hubs has to empty it because I have not had the strength to carry a fully bucket of water all the way down the hall to the bathroom to pour the water down the bathtub drain. It went off about 30 minutes after he left for work. I thought about it being off all day and decided to see what I could do.

I pulled the bucket out and picked it up. To my surprise, it didn't seem all that heavy and gave me the courage to keep going. I went down the hall, emptied the reservoir and clicked it back into place. I was so happy with myself, I decided to fold the laundry.

Two huge basketfuls later, I was so excited I went into the kitchen and started something I hadn't done since I had been home from the hospital. In fact, something I hadn't done for months before I went in the hospital. I washed dishes. I took a few breaks - my back would begin to throb, standing up for so long was something I wasn't used to - but I got a huge pile of bowls, plates and utensils washed.

I haven't felt so normal in so long. I was finally able to do some of the duties that I should be doing as a woman in my position of homemaker. Its all I have been wanting for oh so long. God blessed me with a loving family and I've had such a yearning to nurture them and help them flourish. Today just proved to me that I am inching ever closer to being that person. I have God to thank for restoring my health and allowing my strength to grow.

Here's to many more best days, each a step closer to the dream my heart. God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment