Tuesday, July 5, 2016

A Year Ago, and A Year Before That...A New Meaning for Independence Day

July 4th. When we as Americans celebrate our independence. Yet, these last few years, I have been anything but.

Let's get into the wayback machine....

July 4, 2014.
I sat on the couch.
All day.
We went no where.
Randall grilled, and nightfall came. He and Daniel went out onto the screened back porch to light sparklers. I shuffled out and sat om the steps with them, and came right back in after the last spark went out.

July 4, 2015.
I sat on the couch.
All day. We went no where.
Daniel and Randall went to the porch with sparklers. I stayed on the couch.

July 4, 2016.
I got up, packed up some online sales, then got some ribs on for the cookout we were going to take to Mom's later.
Randall went out to mow, and I crushed up some herbs that I grew, harvested and dried. He came in and said that our neighbor had stopped by and told us to get some of the tomatoes that she had growing in her yard. I packed up the herbs in containers and took them to her, and picked a whole bowlful of beauties.....


Then, we went to Mom's, where instead of heading in the kitchen, parking my butt at the table and not moving for the whole visit, I went outside to watch the kids have a water battle....








 
Then go back in for the cookout, only to come back out as the sun got lower to have some s'mores for dessert...







Followed by sparklers, smoke bombs and a few other shiny things....







It was the best day so far. So thankful for a wonderful day with loved ones. Its been so much fun, making up for lost time....




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment