Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year

Here it is...four days into the New Year and today is my first fully focused day. Hubby had time off from work until this morning, so  we spent the time as a family. All three of us stayed up until midnight on Thursday night, then all three of us, along with Lucky, slept (or a reasonable facsimile thereof) in one bed. Thanks be to God that we just got Mom's king sized bed a few weeks earlier when she decided to downsize hers.
Who's Lucky you ask? This is Lucky....



 And as massive as he is and as fiercely protective as he is with all of us, he as just as much of a chicken. Fireworks are not a favorite. He cried and howled all evening as our neighbors reveled. So, we took him to bed with us. It was an adventure I could have lived without.

We took down the Christmas decorations the next day on a few hours sleep. On the bright side, we got the exercise bike out into the living room again so no more excuses! Yay! I'll let you know when I finally get up the nerve to climb up on it with my weakling legs. Soon I tell you...soon!

So, I have an accountability buddy this go round. My nearest and dearest friend Tammy, whose story you can follow on her blog. She chose today to be our first official weigh in, and after forgetting my water pill for two days and retaining fluids on top of overindulging during the holidays, I begrudingly offer my start number...

355 pounds. Ugh. So much for the 104 pounds lost. I'm back to 84 pounds lost. No time to wallow in self pity though - been off of processed sugar for two days and I feel so much better already. Now its back to taking meds consistently and working exercise into the routine, This is going to be a very happy and healthy year - I'm so excited!

Looking forward to Friday, which will be our weigh in day going forward. I know I'll see progress. Lots of other things to share about improvements I'll be making this year, too, to our household and beyond. Its truly a Happy New Year - so full of hope. May yours be as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment