Thursday, March 17, 2016

RECIPE: Chicken Pesto Pasta Salad {Whole30, Paleo, Low Carb}

On our third day of following Whole30, I decided to make a salad, but didn't want your run of the mill salad. I found one in a magazine and got so excited about it. 

The original recipe had a few extra ingredients, and called for the zucchini to be spiralized. Naturally, I couldn't find my spiralizer, so I pulled out my veggie peeler and made ribbons instead,.  
 



It was the best meal we had all week! It will make regular rotation for us, during the Whole30 and beyond. It was refreshing and oh so flavorful, not to mention easy to throw together. Randall already told me that the next time I make it I need to double the recipe.



I figured what better day to share a lovely green dish than on St. Patrick's Day? The pics aren't the greatest - I took them with my phone just seconds before the entire bowl disappeared. I promise you you'll love it!!


Chicken Pesto Pasta Salad {Whole 30, Paleo, Low Carb}


Ingredients:

1-2 large zucchini, cut into thin ribbons or spiralized
2 c. cooked chicken, cubed / shredded into chunks
1 bunch fresh basil
1 bunch fresh parsley
2 cloves garlic
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp lemon juice
1 c grape tomatoes, cur in half
salt & pepper to taste

Instructions:

Place chicken and zucchini in a bowl
Add Basil, Parsley, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper to a food processor
Pulse until you achieve a pourable consistency, adding a few tablespoons of water if needed
Pour over chicken and zucchini and toss until coated
add tomatoes and fold in carefully
adjust seasonings and serve immediately or chill first


adapted from Paleo Magazine


 


No comments:

Post a Comment